POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture declarations and object grouping : Re: Texture declarations and object grouping Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture declarations and object grouping
From: The Cegorach
Date: 6 Feb 2001 21:50:02
Message: <a2e18tsfr93762o69mu3498gju9r2gicnj@4ax.com>
On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:45:12 +0200, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee>
wrote:

>Actually, even in this case I often texture each object separately, and then
>apply some (e.g. random) transformation to the texture itself.
>Otherwise, especially if the texture pattern is somewhat regular (e.g. marble
>bands) and two objects are close (e.g. a set of marble tiles), you run the risk
>of having the texture noticeably "continue" from one object to the next.

Thanks to both you and Tom for your help.

When you speak of random transformations, is this achieved by a
function with POV-Ray, such as a Do/While loop, or do you do it by
hand?

I ask because I'm currently working on--you guessed--marble pillars.
:-)

Thanks,
Larry